Have an idea for a children’s book? Yeah, so does everybody.
Did I just sound like a snooty, cynical jerk?
Good. I meant to.
Publishing has its fair share of snooty, cynical jerks. So CONGRATULATIONS you are officially part of the publishing industry. Welcome!
Hi, I’m Liza and most of the time I’m just joking, but when we start talking children’s books I get a whole lot more serious.
I’ve been asked countless times (like more than 12) how I got started with my business, how I run my business, and how I started writing (and illustrating) children’s books in the first place.
The answers are long and not always something people want to hear at a cocktail party. The truth of the matter is, I have 5 years worth of stuff to tell these people. I have options-on-options, and strategies, hard won truths and lessons, and that isn’t what most people want to hear. But maybe you’re different?
Maybe you want to get your words into print? Maybe you have a truth you need to share? Maybe you have a message for the world? Or maybe just one for your daughter? Maybe you’re looking to create a business selling your own products? Your own art? Maybe you’re looking for semi-passive income that doesn’t require multiple layers of marketing? Maybe you’re thinking about the future? Maybe you already know you’ll own the rights to your stories for 70 years after you die? Maybe you’re thinking about leaving a legacy?
I don’t know what you’re thinking, yet, but I can tell you what you’ll get out of this workshop. You’ll get insight on your story and how to bring it to life. You’ll get a ridiculous amount of energy from someone who knows exactly how to start their own publishing company. You’ll learn the ins and outs of both indie and traditional publishing, so you can choose what’s right for you. I’ll also tell you what I chose and why I chose the same path again five years later. We’ll talk about craft, and standards, and what rules must be followed and which ones we can break. We’ll talk about finding an illustrator or becoming one. We’ll talk about how to set up a business and put together a marketing plan. We’ll talk about what you want out of this process and what your goals are. You’ll leave with the formatted text of of a story and a plan of action taking you step-by-step from publishing to selling. You’ll leave with the knowledge and confidence you need to get started immediately, and maybe even an idea of what the next book will be about.
I don’t know why you signed up, yet, but I do know this: I’m a good teacher and an even better coach.
Let’s write a children’s book, because everybody else won’t.
Once you’ve clicked “Buy Now” and gotten a checkmark the Workshop will be placed in your cart. You can access your cart by visiting the store or clicking the shopping bag icon on the bottom corner of your screen.
Writing and Selling Children’s Picture Books: A Purpose Driven Business is a workshop for creatives who want to get to the business of writing. Using her own experiences, Liza simplifies this journey and shares her expertise.
What You’ll Get:
- A Step-by-Step Action Plan to create, format, market, publish, and sell your children’s picture book.
- A 4-week online class formatted to specifically address your goals and needs in an interactive setting. This isn’t a seminar—it’s a WORKSHOP!
- Resources and Guides to take the guesswork out of your publishing and business plans.
- Information about Targeted Marketing that sells books but won’t make your skin crawl.
- A list of Recommended Products to help you navigate through the publication process.
- Guidance on building a website and online store if that falls within your goals.
- Answers to questions such as “Do I need a blog?”, “Does social media actually sell books?”, and “What does my ideal customer look like?”.
- Weekly individualized feedback on your topic or story to help bring your words to life.
- An emailed copy of each class recording in case you want to revisit a topic or have to miss a scheduled class.
- Access to a private Facebook Group that continues even after the class ends.
What This Isn’t:
- Not an “online course” situation. This is a workshop where we will develop your story. The education component is designed to build your business. There is no “premium product” up-sell. Gross.
- Not a “get rich quick” situation.
- Not even a “get rich” situation. This is about building a business, a brand, and sustainable income over time.
Who is Liza Dora?
Liza Dora is an author, illustrator, teacher, mother, wife, blogger, and the owner of the eponymous Liza Dora Books. Her writing has been in publications around the world and her books have been featured in both media and print. She’s sold books in over ten different countries and her titles have been both Amazon Hot New Releases and Amazon Bestsellers in their respective categories.